My fashion tip of the week:
5 wardrobe staples everyone needs
1. Straight Leg Denim Jeans
The slim or even skinny pair of jeans is the number of 1 staple item every girl/ woman needs in her closet. Slim jeans are flattering on the more curvy body type and can be dressed up and down. They can be mixed and matched with the majority of your closet. If you are going for a more casual look they can be worn with a t-shirt and converse trainers. And if you are going for a more smart/casual look why not pair them with court shoes and a white shirt tucked in and finished off with a cute belt.
Typically you want to choose a dark denim as they are far more easier to match and can be worn all year round as they never go out of style. However, the more medium to light wash denim jeans are very girly, light and look great paired with floral, pastels, pinks and summary colours.
A couple of examples of slim jeans that I currently like include:
- These Monki Slim Jeans are very cute and affordable (US link)
- These Tommy Hilfiger Jeans are the perfect colour to have in your wardrobe (US link)
- These Gucci Skinny Jeans are quite cute if you like the more luxury end (US link)
2. Little Black Dress
We all know that a woman’s wardrobe is nothing without a black dress – and to be more precise a LBD (Little Black Dress). It’s a classic colour. A classic look. You can’t go wrong!
A few cute ones I came across are:
- Lipsy Bandage Bodycon Dress (US link) – for those who love a little bit of lace
- ASOS Design bandage bodycon dress with mesh sleeves (US link) – I love the sleeves on this one!
- A more extravagant one for the dare devils out there – Needle & Thread Embroidered Maxi Dress (US link)
In case you missed my December Fashion Favourites you can read it here! I’ll be releasing my January Fashion Favourites very soon!
The blazer was always something you saw on boring lawyers, bankers and businessmen. But then fashion came along and made the blazer cool! Now when cool lawyers, bankers and businesswomen wear a cool, sexy blazer they look rich, classy and fierce. But the blazer isn’t just for the working woman. It can be worn out for lunch, on date or even to a party. It can be paired with jeans, leggings, dresses etc. You can make a blazer work with most things and there are so many types that each can be styled differently.
My favourite ones are here:
- Stradivarius blazer with leopard detail (love the leopard detail) (US link)
- Karen Millen Tailored Blazer (US link)
- Monki Oversized Blazer (US link)
4. White Shirt or Blouse
When I think dark pair of jeans, blazer and chelsea boots – I then think white blouse or crisp white shirt.
A few looks include these:
- I love the embellished bits on this Miss Sixty white shirt (US link)
- This Burberry half blouse/ half shirt seems amazing with a pair of jeans, blazer and Chelsea boots (US link)
- This plain Stradivarius white shirt is a basic white shirt if the other two don’t tickle your fancy (US link)
5. Chelsea Boots
They are short, flat heeled and pair great with dresses, jeans and skirts! The Chelsea boot is the perfect footwear that you MUST have in your closet to make picking what to wear easier. Chelsea boots complete outfits in a way that makes you look casual, chic and kind of rock (if that is what you are going for). I personally love the feel and look of my outfit of the day when I complete it with a pair of Chelsea boots.
Here are some cute ones I have had my eye on for a while…
- Burberry Chelsea Boots (comes in 3 colours – oxblood, black and bottle green) (US link)
- As I love Hunter Boots – my list would be incomplete without Hunter Chelsea Boots (US link)
- These ASOS Design Studded boots are a rock chick type boots (US link)
Sign up to receive my weekly fashion tips straight to your inbox!
What’s your 5 wardrobe staples? Let us know below!
Til next week XX Monica XX
Full Disclosure: by clicking on these links I may earn a little commission but it does not affect you in any way. I only recommend stores I myself love, know about and/or have purchased from before – so don’t worry it’s all good 😊